The school holidays are in full swing but the weather gods have decided to ignore summer this year. If you want a fun and easy way to entertain children inside and keep their mess and activities contained we have a great idea. It is easy to setup a children’s play tent inside the home that can be taken down and packed away once the holidays come to an end. Being removable means there is little mess and no impact on your home décor.
Interiors guru Pippa Jameson has teamed up with Command to put the indoor tent together and an instruction video below. But for those who prefer a step-by-step guide simply follow the instructions set out here.
1. Choose the area in your home for the tent. Remember they will be playing in the tent for the foreseeable future so don’t choose anyway high traffic. A corner of the room is best.
2. Choose a bright square of fabric for the tent canopy. This can be an old sheet, throw rug or table cloth, just ensure it is light weight.
3. Fold the fabric in half to create a triangle shape, and then tie a knot in the three corners of your triangle.
4. Small wire hooks such as those available from Command’s range are ideal for fixing your canopy in place. Attach the first hook right in the corner where the two walls meet and one hook to either wall.
5. Once attached, leave for one hour to ensure they are secure. These hooks have a special system whereby they can be taken off the wall hassle-free and without damage to paintwork.
6. Hook your three knots of fabric on to each of the hooks to create your canopy. Ensure the material doesn’t hang too high above your child’s head.
7. Now add cushions, a small table and chairs or even some soft rugs and finish with plenty of games and craft equipment to keep them occupied
And that is an easy way to keep the children occupied all day long.